National Museum of Singapore
- National Museum of Singapore is the oldest museum in Singapore, established in 1887.
- It is located in the city centre and has undergone several renovations and expansions over the years.
- The museum showcases the history, culture, and heritage of Singapore through its exhibits.
- The museum’s exhibits cover a wide range of topics, including:
- The early history of Singapore
- The country’s colonial past
- The Japanese occupation
- The post-independence era
- The exhibits are interactive and immersive, offering visitors a unique and engaging experience.
- The “Story of the Forest” exhibit is a popular exhibit that uses cutting-edge technology to create a virtual rainforest for visitors to explore.
- The “Singapore History Gallery” is another popular exhibit that spans two levels and features over 700 artifacts and interactive displays.
- The exhibits are designed to educate visitors about Singapore’s rich history and culture.
Events and Programs
- The museum hosts a variety of events and programs throughout the year, including:
- Film screenings
- These events offer visitors the opportunity to learn more about Singapore’s culture and history and engage with the museum’s exhibits in a more in-depth way.
- The events and programs are suitable for all ages and interests.
- The National Museum of Singapore is located in the heart of the city, making it easily accessible for tourists and locals alike.
- The museum is situated in a beautiful building that combines both modern and colonial architecture, adding to its allure as a top attraction.
How to Get to National Museum Singapore
- Bras Basah MRT Station (Circle Line) – 5 minutes walk from the museum
- Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station (North-South, North-East, Circle Lines) – 10 minutes walk from the museum
- YMCA Bus Stop – 7, 14, 14e, 16, 36, 64, 65, 77, 106, 111, 124, 128, 139, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 175, 190, 700, 700A, NR6, NR7
- MacDonald House Bus Stop – 7, 14, 14e, 16, 36, 64, 65, 77, 106, 111, 124, 128, 131, 139, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 175, 190, 700, 700A, NR6, NR7
Entrance Fee for National Museum Singapore
General Admission for tourist:
- Adult: SGD 15
- Concession: SGD 10 (Students, seniors aged 60 and above)
- Buy Admission Ticket via Klook
- The National Museum of Singapore is a must-visit attraction for anyone interested in learning about Singapore’s rich history and culture.
- Its interactive exhibits, engaging programs, and prime location in the heart of the city make it a top choice for tourists from all over the world.
93 Stamford Road, Singapore 178897