Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow
Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow, located in Old Airport Road Hawker Centre, is a popular hawker stall that serves up delicious plates of char kway teow (stir-fried rice noodles). The stall has been around for more than 30 years and is run by Mr. Ang, who is better known as Lao Fu Zi (Old Master).
Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow uses a charcoal fire to cook the dish, which imparts a smoky flavor to the dish. The dish is made with fresh kway teow noodles, Chinese sausage, bean sprouts, eggs, and prawns. The noodles are stir-fried in pork lard, dark soy sauce, and a mix of secret ingredients, which gives the dish its distinct savory taste.
Customers can choose to add extra ingredients like cockles, fish cake, and even crispy pork lard to their plates of char kway teow. The prices at Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow are affordable, with a plate of the dish costing around $5-$6.
Here are five reviews of Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow:
- “This is the best char kway teow I’ve ever had. The smoky flavor is amazing, and the noodles are cooked to perfection. The prawns are fresh and juicy, and the Chinese sausage adds a nice sweetness to the dish. I highly recommend this stall to anyone who loves char kway teow.”
- “Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow is a must-try when you’re at Old Airport Road Hawker Centre. The noodles are cooked just right, and the mix of flavors in the dish is perfect. I love the addition of the crispy pork lard, which gives the dish an extra crunch. The portion sizes are generous too.”
- “The char kway teow at Lao Fu Zi is delicious! The noodles are perfectly cooked, and the prawns are fresh and plump. The Chinese sausage adds a nice sweetness to the dish, and the pork lard gives it a nice crunch. It’s definitely worth the wait in line.”
- “I’ve been coming to Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow for years, and it never disappoints. The dish is always cooked to perfection, and the smoky flavor is addictively good. The portion sizes are generous, and the prices are reasonable. Highly recommended!”
- “Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow is hands down the best char kway teow I’ve ever had. The noodles are perfectly cooked, and the mix of flavors is incredible. The addition of the crispy pork lard is a game-changer. This is a must-try if you’re in the area.”
51 Old Airport Road Food Centre, #01-12, 51 Old Airport Road, 390051, Singapore